- Our pursuit to offer one of the best basmati rice begins with seed selection.
- Each year we carefully select healthy and pure seeds.
- Throughout the season, an adequate network remains in place to interact with farmers from seedling to harvesting stage.
- Experts from Rice n Shine help to advise the required preparation of soil, use of fertilizers, pest control techniques and crop care.
- Comprehensive inspection & testing precede purchase of paddy lots.
- Random samples are drawn from paddy and tests are performed after processing to evaluate yield, grain length, field admixture and cooking characteristics.
- Paddy is purchased at the beginning of rice season that effectively eliminates all chances of mixing of inferior varieties.
- The selected paddy is allowed to slowly reduce its moisture by a combination of modern and traditional methods until optimum moisture for husking is achieved.
- Gradual drying takes place to help avoid cracking in the rice grain.
- At the Rice n Shine Sheller brown rice is produced after cleaning, husking and grading.
- At this stage the outer husk is removed, leaving the germ and bran layer intact.
- Top-of-the-range machinery helps to ensure delicate rice grains maintain their form during husking.
- Basmati rice acquires optimal cooking characteristics and stronger aroma when matured over a period of nine months up to a year.
- It is therefore critical that the rice is properly matured before processing.
- Rice n Shine therefore has a strict policy of building up stocks during the harvest and carrying on with the maturation process under expert supervision.
- Well-ventilated and modern warehouse facilities have been constructed specifically for the storage of rice meeting food safety standards.
- During maturation our stocks are subjected to systematic inspection and control from time to time under experts’ supervision for the optimal preservation of rice grains.
WHITENING & POLISHING
- In the second stage of our processing the bran layers are removed through our advanced whitening and polishing machines that help to give our Basmati rice a pearl-white appearance.
- This process is carried out gradually over several phases to avoid the formation of cracks in our rice kernels.
- The number of phases depend upon the degree of whiteness required.
- Our modern mist polishers provide a uniquely clean and glossy appearance to the kernels of rice giving this technique a distinct advantage over traditional milling methods.
- Our Basmati rice is graded at different stages on the basis of its thickness and length. Through this we ensure the removal of any irregular or broken rice grains from optimal grains.
- Advanced technology, such as Plan-sifters and Indented Cylinders employed at three different stages thereby achieving uniform grading.
- Through this process we remove predominantly chalky and discolored kernels from our standard graded ones.
- Rice n Shine operates computerized bagging systems to ensure the highest possible degree of accuracy in weighing.
- Several types of packaging materials can be used as per customer requirements.
- These include:
- Cardboard Paper-sack
Our packaging process is designed and undertaken to increase the shelf life of products as well as easy handling until consumption.